Well, after three amazing days of pure raw organic bliss, I can confidently say that I have completed my first cleanse! I honestly wasn’t sure how things would shake out when I started my Suja 3-day cleanse, but it was a fun and refreshing jump start to getting back into a healthier lifestyle following the gluttonous holidays.
Thankfully, I didn’t have to do it alone, which made it 5000x easier. My pals Sam, Annie, and Lauryn, along with some new friends Weslie and Cody, joined me on this delightful 3-day journey through detox, hydration and pure motivational magic. With the support of each other, & the delish drinks Suja has concocted, this was a truly beneficial experience, both for my body and mind.
There are so many benefits to this cleanse, where do I begin? My energy level has been sky high, with no crash at the end of the day. I feel light and fresh, super clear headed, my skin is glowing, I have a renewed sense of smell AND I lost a total of 11 pounds! This experience was so great that it has only motivated me to continue on the righteous path to reach my fitness goals.
Below are some lessons learned, helpful hints and memorable moments from our cleanse. If you have more questions about my Suja Experience, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- My favorite tip of the day was starting out my day by drinking a cup of hot water with lemon. This was really soothing and helped set the calm mood for my tummy.
- If you can’t make it without any food, there are a few snacks you CAN enjoy while on the Suja cleanse. I had 1 cup fresh cut pineapple, a handful of steamed broccoli and half a tomato with chili flakes to accompany my dinner drink and they totally filled me up!
- Working out is also allowed, just don’t go hard in the paint while you are taking in so little carbs. You want to be able to absorb the nutrients fully and not force yourself into a ravenous state of hunger.
- You must consume your last juice 3 hours before bedtime, to ensure proper digestion. This was probably the hardest part for me because I am used to eating a late night snack and crashing right after.
- Drinking a ton of water isn’t even necessary. The juice hydrates the body as much if not more, since it’s actually being processed by your digestive system instead of simply flushing through.
- This was definitely the hardest day, times a million. I got hungry around 10am and until I allowed myself a 1/2 avocado with my Purify, I was pretty ravenous. If you are going to eat avo, skip the SALT! Pepper and cayenne are better toppings.
- I had to be on my feet for a catering shift in the evening, so it took a lot of will power to not dip into the leftover platters of amazing food. I use the analogy that is was like seeing that hot ex boyfriend you hate out. He looks so good, but by the time you get home you are so proud of not hooking up with him in a moment of weakness, and remember all the reasons your life is better without him!
- This night I slept soundly like a baby. It was nice to feel my body slip into such a deep state of relaxation, I hadn’t had a good nights sleep in over a week.
- Motivational texts with the group were a great [and hilarious] way to stay engaged in my pumped up state of mind. With everyone sharing their stories and sending thoughtful tips, videos and advice, we really began working together as a team in our efforts. Below is a sneak peak of the group chat:
- Today I began to feel normal again… energy was on point! Woke up to an outside sound at 6am and couldn’t fall back asleep because my body was ready for it’s morning water and lemon!
- I think I should have eaten more with lunch, because around 3pm my eyes couldn’t focus on my computer any longer. I took my Fiji early and it did the trick!
- I went to the gym tonight feeling energized and motivated. Did an hour uphill hike and a nice long stretch. I felt real lightheaded after I stepped off the incline, but once I rested and sucked down my Green Supreme, I felt great again.
- I ate small amounts at both lunch and dinner [instead of just one] and I ended up consuming less calories and feeling better.
- The biggest downfall is my anxiety associated with the cleanse being OVER. I feel great, I’ve lost 11 pounds, and I love the little clan we formed over the course of the past three days. BUT there is hope!! As long as I can incorporate everything from this experience into everyday life, I will keep feeling high on juice 😉
Done! Now What?
Now that the cleanse is over, I do NOT – repeat WILL not – want to lose this feeling of lightness… freshness… cleanliness that I have achieved. So, to ease back into life I have decided on a few things.
- I will not eat like shit tomorrow! Yes I will be celebrating my success, but it will be over a big salad with lean protein and dressing on the side.
- I will continue to load up on fruits and vegetables everyday. They are far too tasty and beneficial for me to replace them with other snacks like chips and cookies.
- I am going to be cutting out dairy for a while. I have a gut feeling (no pun intended hehe) this was at the root at the stomach issues I was facing, so I am indefinitely quitting milk and cereal, pizza, brie and mac & cheese (gasp!)
- Drinking a TON of h2o! Now that I won’t be consuming all that liquid, I need to be sure to hydrate! I plan on replacing every would-be-juice with a big ol’ agua to flush me out.
- We are never getting back together, ever. I do not want to go back to my old life. This cleanse was inspiring, reminded me that the only thing holding me back from fitness achievements is myself. I will not continue to use hangovers and cravings as an excuse to eat irresponsibly, especially late at night!
All in all, this cleanse was an amazing experience. I have made new friends, adapted a new attitude and am implementing a new lifestyle to help me meet my personal fitness goals. Suja really knocked my socks off this week, and I can’t wait for round two this Spring! Big shoutout to my wolfpack for helping make the last 3 days so fun! #wolfpack4eva
And now, some Friday Vibes from the Queen Bee, Riri, on how to strut my stuff now that I’m looking & feeling hot…